All our members have dedicated themselves with all their passion to the exquisite Franconian wine. The key to our quality philosophy is that the quality of the wine is based on all the efforts in the vineyards, and it has to be kept carefully until the wines are bottled.
- We created special viticultural programs like “1er-Traube” and “GWF-Extra”. Wine-growers and cellar masters are working together hand in hand from the very beginning of the vegetation period.
- We installed a system to classify our vineyards. This system is developed constantly and enables our wine-growers to have a clear orientation for the needed quality.
- We are investing constantly in vinification technologies and the technical equipment of our pressing stations.
- We developed for our cellar masters a sequence of seminars, held by external advisors, where oenological themes are dealt with. This enables us to be open-minded.
- We built a brand-new filling line to have our wines filled with a minimum of strain. Everything that influences our wines is done in a soft way to reduce every impact to the wine from outside. Another aspect are the improved working conditions for our employees.
- All this enables us to bring all the quality from the vineyard into the bottle – without any compromises.
Hence we are very proud of two awards in 2007: GWF managed to enter the “Bundesliga” (premier league) of the German wine cooperatives (wine journal “Weinwirtschaft”). Furthermore, the Franconian wine association awarded the “Best of Gold” prize to one of our Grauer Burgunder Spätlese wines out of the “1er-Traube” line. All participating wines in this contest were already awarded with a gold medal beforehand.